These instructions show how user accounts are created and administered in Rivista. There are two ways user accounts are created:
- You can create user accounts in the Rivista User Manager.
- A website visitor can create their own accounts your website (according to settings defined in Rivista).
The instructions here focus on the first type of account-creation.
Before You Begin
To create a user account in Rivista, you need to have your own Rivista login with administrative rights.
1) Open The User Manager
Figure 1: User Manager Interface
- Click User Manager in Rivista navigation menu (Figure 1: A).
- Click New button to create a new user (Figure 1: B).
2) Fill In Fields With User Information
|Figure 2: User Information Settings
(Click to enlarge)
Not all the fields are required. The most important fields are described below.
|First Name||User's first name.|
|Last Name||User's last name.|
|User's email address. There cannot be more than one user account with the same email address. Check the email availability to make sure the email does not already belong to an account.|
Passwords must contain:
|Account Enabled||Check Account Enabled if you want the user's account to be immediately enabled. The user will be able to log in using the account as soon as you save the user's information.|
For publishers who want to enabled third party newsletters in system.
You may add in any additional info you want for the user. This information will only show in Rivista.
- Click Save & Done if you are done adding user information.
- Click Save & Add New if you want to add another user after the one you just created.
How can I tell if a new user is approved?
Look at the color-coded circles in the Enabled column to quickly determine whether users are approved. The circle will be green for approved users and red for unapproved users (Figure 4: A). Click the circle to change a user's status.
|Figure 4: User Manager Interface|
Can I reset a password for a user or send a new notification to a user?