- The Rivista responsive design theme is built to display its content appropriately across all devices regardless of their size.
- The theme is built on Twitter Bootstrap, a popular framework for developing responsive projects on the web.
- The default Bootstrap grid system utilizes a 12-column grid layout that allows modules to adjust their display based on the device the consumer is using.
- The default Bootstrap grid system utilizes 12 columns, making for a 940px wide container without responsive features enabled.
- With the responsive CSS file added, the grid adapts to be 724px and 1170px wide depending on your viewport.
- Below 767px viewports, the columns become fluid and stack vertically.
|Mobile Portrait||Mobile Landscape||Tablet Portrait||Tablet Landscape||Desktop|
|Figure 1: An example of how different devices display in a Responsive Design framework|